Ethical Hacker’s Comic Dream Gets Backing

• A Texas security professional’s dream of creating a comedian book publishing company dedicated to titles about hacking is edging nearer to fact.

Robert Willis begun a marketing campaign on Kickstarter to self-finance and make a new publishing business named Paraneon. The organization will focus in cyber-punk and sci-fi comics that are published by hackers and for hackers to inspire youthful individuals to pursue STEM professions.

“Superheroes dominate the comic books, which I feel is good, but I want to see extra hacker and tech going on in this collection,” claimed Willis.

“I truly want to encourage youngsters the same way I was impressed when I was more youthful.”

With just above two days to go to achieve its modest $2,000 full, Willis’ strategy has now been given $6,324 in assist from 100 backers. In return for funding the challenge, backers pick out to obtain the to start with titles to be released below Paraneon, gathered alongside one another in a graphic novel identified as Initiating . . . Paraneon.

All those who pledge $200 or extra to assist the generation of the first three titles can choose to be drawn into 1 of the hacking comic titles, The Hive Network.

“You will be drawn with no clothes in a tank, but none of your goodies will be demonstrated,” mentioned Willis.

The setting for the books—the Paraneon Universe—comprises technocentric cities, underground employee colonies, and apocalyptic “drylands.” In this reality, pollution and world wide warming have caused all factories and output to be moved to Mars, in which more androids dwell than do individuals.

“The preliminary books lay out the environment, which is really technocentric,” Willis told Bleeding Interesting. “The tales introduce people and the scenery. Future textbooks will extend on hacking eventualities from genuine-planet hackers like myself.”

InfoSec professional and ethical hacker Willis, who wrote all of the titles himself, has hired artists all in excess of the environment to deliver his vision of Paraneon to daily life.

“I really want to elevate cash ideal now so I can deliver in recognised folks from the comedian reserve marketplace,” explained Willis, “recognised writers and acknowledged illustrators.”

If the job proves to be effective, Willis plans to use are living action and animation to provide the Paraneon Universe to daily life in the future.